BEWARE OF SCAMS!
Recently in the news, you would have come across scams on WhatsApp. Costing consumers losses of thousands of ringgit. We speak to Choong-Fook Fong. CEO, Cyber Security Consultant for LGMS to talk to us about how these scams work.
Below are the contents of the radio interview:
- How to identify scams.
- Awareness on card payment frauds.
- Recent data leaks issues.
- Unethical hacker aim.
- Ransomware cases.
- How to prevent scams from unethical hacker.
- What happening recently in dark web.
- Is Personal Data Protection Act enough to protect our data?
- Solution to cut down fraud cases throughout the phone.
- Cyber security trends to look forward in 2019.
PS: Scams are one kind of social engineering attack from unethical hackers.
Social engineering, in the context of information security, refers to psychological manipulation of people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. This differs from social engineering within the social sciences, which does not contain the divulging of confidential information.
Full radio interview from BFM.
You may also find other interesting LGMS News at the following links:
No security breach during MY domain glitch
BFM Radio Interview: Good Connections are Hard to Find
TheStar: CIMB assures no security flaw in its online banking portal password input
FreeMalaysiaToday: Is PKR’s e-voting method hacker-proof?
Scammers Could Use Private Data Harvested by Tech Giants for Phishing: Interview with Radio Sputnik